What is NLP - Neuro-Lingüistic Programming ?
- Programming: this computing word highlights the interest shown by NLP in our unconscious programmings, in the way we think, in our mental processes written in our neurology. We construct them during our life and they condition our behaviours.
- NeuroLingüistic: this word indicates the interactive relation betweenlanguage and the neurological system. Neuro, for the central nervous system. Its function is to retain and structure all the perceptions we register through our five senses. Lingüistic, for the verbal and behavioural aspects of communication.
NLP is thus a methodology enabling to act on behaviours using languageas a tool. It is a model which generates communication, learning and change.
A little history
NLP was born in the mid 70's in California.
Its creators, J.Grinder (lingüist and psychologist) and R.Bandler (psychologist, mathematician and computer scientist) study, among
other subjects, the work of experts widely acclaimed for the quality of their results (Erickson, Perls, Satir).
They identify the strategies behind their success and create techniques to decipher these highly efficient know-hows. They thus perfected a series of models to transfer these skills into ourselves and to others.
The philosophy behind NLP
Some basic postulates :
- Each of us has the inner resources required to evolve, meet objectives or solve problems.
- There isn't any failure, only a feedback enabling to learn and change.
- Whatever behaviour has a positive function.
- Our vision of the world is not the world.
- Each model of the world is unique and some are more helpful than others.
- It is better to know " how it works " than " why it doesn't work ".
Modelization allows to establish a very precise map of a skill and then transfer it to somebody who wants to acquire it, while identifying the smaller changes to be made.
Thus has NLP enabled the deciphering of the communication " gurus" intuition.
Loads of practical applications
You are looking for :
- performance (company, high level sports).
- efficient communication (teaching, management, negotiation…).
- operational and durable solutions (learning, health, help relation).
From a professional standpoint, NLP is useful for those who have a job in which communication and change are of great significance.
From a personal standpoint, it is useful to whomever wants to improve his relationship with himself and towards others, develop his expression abilities and release himself from the blocks which are slowing down his evolution. Concrete and particularly efficient means Solution-oriented rather than problem-oriented, the common denominator of all these techniques is their efficiency. There is nothing surprising about it, since it is for this very reason that the persons who used them
served as models!
The ultimate goal of NLP is to enable eachone of us to blossom and fulfil oneself, in one's professional as well as personal life, while respecting oneself and others.
"A really positive experience."
Steve & Christine // Freeway Aktiv & Relax
"Danke, liebe Jane, für die tollen Stunden, für deine Unterstützung & die Herausforderungen..."
Andrea // Freeway Yoga
"Ein toller Lehrer und Mensch mit tiefen Einblicken in einige verschiedene Kampfkunstarten, die er effektiv an andere weiter gibt!"
Josip // Iaido & Aikido
"Danke an Laurent für die letzten Jahre super lehrreiches Training mit viel Spaß und Herz."
Denis // Iaido
"Jane! Jane! Jane! Wir sind FAN!!!"
Helena // Freeway Yoga
"Merci encore mille fois Laurent pour ces séances anti-stress !!!"
Florence // Freeway Relax
"This was a great training... Thanks a lot and see you soon."
Isa // Freeway Yoga
"Laurent is an excellent instructor - welcoming, patient, witty and motivating."
Wayne // Freeway Aktiv